Exam Prep Course*
For students participating in ABRSM, competitions, and various auditions
Teachers and parents know all too well that much of the regular lesson time is spent learning the required repertoire, and there is hardly time within a 30 min or even 60 min lesson to devote to other materials. Therefore, additional support outside of regular lessons help ensure that extra time is devoted to areas such as:
- Scales & Arpeggios
- Sight-Reading skills
- Aural / Listening skills
- Written theory
While enrolling in a class will not negate the reinforcement each student needs both from his/her individual teacher and parents, the participation in additional training help bridge that gap in the content areas that the student may not have time for in private lessons. The course culminates with a mock-exam at the end of the course
- 7 training classes + 3 masterclasses per semester
- Training classes meet once a week
- Masterclasses meet once a month
- $150 flat fee for entire course
- Current CLC students registered for ABRSM exams, competitions, or similar city-wide event receives 50% off course fee upon invitation.
- Non-CLC students registered for ABRSM exams, competitions, or similar city-wide event receive $15 off. Call to inquire.
- Students not participating in exams or similar events, or unable to commit to entire prep course can register for select sessions at $25 per class. Call to inquire.